The annual All-State Ensembles will be held November 21-23, 2019 (Thursday through Saturday) in Lincoln, Nebraska. The Children's Choir will perform on Thursday, November 21, and the final All-State Jazz Band, Chorus, Band and Orchestra performances will be Saturday, November 23.
All-State Auditions Key Dates
August 19 Registration for All-State Auditions, regular fee of $20 through Sept. 9
September 10 Registration for All-State Auditions through September 16, late fee of $40
NO REGISTRATIONS ALLOWED AFTER SEPTEMBER 16
September 18 Instrumental Audition window opens at 8:00 am
September 28 Instrumental Audition window closes at 11:59 pm
October 4 Choir Audition window opens at 6:00 am
October 5 Choir Audition window closes at 11:59 pm
October 16 Announcement of Selected Ensembles at 8:00 am
All-State Audition Manual
All-State General Info Manual - NMEA Members: Be sure to download and read this manual for general information about the auditions process and completing student applications. The link to register students on Opus Events is contained in this manual.
Tips for Registering Students for Auditions:
1. Log into your NMEA membership record at www.nmeanebraska.org. Two things have to be the same in Opus and your NMEA record: 1) your Membership ID #, and 2) the primary email in your NMEA account.
2. Your NMEA record must also show that your membership is not expired.
If your membership is expired or about to expire (prior to November 23, 2019), then renew online at https://nafme.org/join-renew/. WHEN YOU RENEW/JOIN, please email your paid dues receipt to NMEA's Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that your membership record may be updated quickly and accurately.
3. Download and follow the 2019 Audition Manual General Info. This manual gives you the link to Opus Events, as well as instructions for registration. Again, use the same email as what is in your NMEA membership record. Log in, or create an account if you have not had one previously. Then:
- Go to your User Profile.
- Click on "Link a Membership".
- Choose NMEA and enter your credentials.
- After you have added NMEA, click on the "Home" icon in the menu bar.
- You will see "2019 Nebraska All-State"; select this option.
Questions about membership may be directed to NMEA Executive Director, Annette Peters, by phone at 402-937-3359 or by email to email@example.com.
For questions on the audition process, including student information and Opus field questions, contact NMEA Director of Auditions & Ensemble Affairs Rick Mitchell at (308) 293-1718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Col. Jason Fettig, All-State Band Conductor
- Brady Allred, All-State Chorus Conductor
- Allistair Willis, All-State Orchestra Conductor
- Ronald McCurdy, All-State Jazz Band Conductor
- Andy Beck, Children's Choir Conductor
All-State Hotel List & Maps
Map of Downtown Lincoln Downtown Lincoln Parking Map
2019 Hotel List
$ 15 Children's Choir Final Concert Ticket
$ 25 All-State Final Concert Ticket for each concert
(Jazz Band/Chorus is one concert; Orchestra/Band is one concert)
$20 Early Registration Fee for All-State Auditions
$40 Late Registration Fee for All-State Auditions
$ 60 Children's Chorus Registration Fee (includes lunch and t-shirt, tax inclusive)
$ 15 Children's Chorus Lunch for parents, teachers (tax inclusive)
$ 10 Children's Chorus T-shirt for parents, teachers (tax inclusive)
Memorabilia for All-State Ensembles will be offered in September.