ANNOUNCEMENT: The NMEA Board of Directors voted in May to cancel the IN-PERSON 2020 November Conference/In-Service Clinic and have replaced it with a virtual All-State/Professional Development experience. Check individual ensemble pages for more details and PD information will follow soon.
See specific pages for All-State Band, Choir, Orchestra, and Jazz Band for more information on each virtual ensemble for 2020. The Middle Level Barbershop for 2020 has been cancelled and will return in 2022. The All-State Children's Choir will take place in 2021 as scheduled.
Official All-State Merchandise Information:
More information on 2020 All-State merchandise will be available closer to the conference.
2020 ALL-STATE SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
The list of selected student participants, by Ensemble, will be posted here at 8:00 am on Monday, October 19, 2020.
2020 ALL-STATE AUDITION KEY DATES
August 17 Registration for All-State Auditions, regular fee of $20 through Sept. 7
September 8 Late Registration for All-State Auditions late fee of $40 through Sept. 14
NO REGISTRATIONS ALLOWED AFTER SEPTEMBER 14
September 16 Instrumental Audition window opens at 8:00 am
September 26 Instrumental Audition window closes at 11:59 pm
September 24 Choir Audition window opens at 12:00 pm
September 26 Choir Audition window closes at 11:59 pm
October 19 Announcement of Selected Ensembles at 8:00 am
ALL-STATE AUDITION MANUAL
All-State General Info Manual - NMEA Members: Be sure to download and read this manual for general information about the auditions process and completing student applications. The link to register students on Opus Events is contained in this manual.
Tips for Registering Students for Auditions:
1. Log into your NMEA membership record at www.nmeanebraska.org. Two things have to be the same in Opus and your NMEA record: 1) your Membership ID #, and 2) the primary email in your NMEA account.
2. Your NMEA record must also show that your membership is not expired.
If your membership is expired or about to expire (prior to November 21, 2020), then renew online at https://nafme.org/join-renew/. WHEN YOU RENEW/JOIN, please email your paid dues receipt to NMEA's Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that your membership record may be updated quickly and accurately.
3. Download and follow the 2020 Audition Manual General Info. This manual gives you the link to Opus Events, as well as instructions for registration. Again, use the same email as what is in your NMEA membership record. Log in, or create an account if you have not had one previously. Then:
- Go to your User Profile.
- Click on "Link a Membership".
- Choose NMEA and enter your credentials.
- After you have added NMEA, click on the "Home" icon in the menu bar.
- You will see "2020 Nebraska All-State"; select this option.
Questions about membership may be directed to NMEA Interim Executive Director, Judy Bush, by phone at 402-937-3359 or by email to email@example.com.
For questions on the audition process, including student information and Opus field questions, contact NMEA Director of Auditions & Ensemble Affairs Rick Mitchell at (308) 293-1718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paula Crider, All-State Band Conductor
- Lee Nelson, All-State Chorus Conductor
- Troy Peters, All-State Orchestra Conductor
- Ronald Carter, All-State Jazz Band Conductor
- Middle Level Barbershop Choir - Info coming soon!