Induction into the Hall of Fame is the most prestigious award bestowed to NMEA members. Nominee criteria is as follows:
- Must be or have been a member of the Nebraska Music Education Association and NAfME (formerly MENC) throughout all or a greater portion of his/her career.
- Must have had a significant career as a music educator.
- Must have been an elementary, middle school, high school or college educator.
- Must have contributed to the overall success of music education in Nebraska by being involved outside his/her own program.
- Must have shown visible support of NMEA by regularly attending the November NMEA Conference.
- Must have shown visible support of NMEA by agreeing to serve as an officer, committee member, contest manager, mentor, etc.
Additional information regarding eligibility and the selection process can be found on the application. Nominations are due by May 1.
The 2018 Hall of Fame inductee was Phil Fahrlander of Minden.
Phil Fahrlander - Announcement
Click here for a list of past Hall of Fame inductees.